Sunday, August 14, 2005

Getting into a groove

Now that school has started, we've not gotten into a routine.

I now get out of bed at 5:15am. Yeah. Craziness. But that's the time I get my head on straight before the kidlings wake up. I should clarify that and say before the BEAR wakes up. I have enough time to leisurely wash my face & brush my teeth. I get my coffee brewing. I get a cold sippy ready. Put the table mats down along with the plates/bowls/utensils. Then I sit for a few quiet moments drinking water.

The Bear has been waking up a bit after 6am. Of course, today he woke at 5:45am. He was able to see his Daddy this morning before he headed to work. Anyway, I sit with the Bear for a few minutes for morning hugs and kisses. I get his breakfast. While he eats, I drink some coffee. Once he's consumed all he need, I wash him up and get him changed into his daytime clothes. Then he watches a movie while I clean up and make the Princess' lunch.

A couple minutes before 7am, I go up and wake the Princess. I get her breakfast. While she eats, I get myself ready for the day. Put my contacts in. Brush my hair into a ponytail. Put some powder and mascara on. Then get into a comfortable outfit. By then, the Princess is finished with her breakfast. We get washed up, changed into an outfit, and pull her hair back into some new creation.

By then it's 7:30am and we're on the move. In the car. Out the garage. We've been listening to a Raffi tape every morning. It's actually 3 CDs compiled into one long 90 minute tape (each side 45 minutes). So we sing as I drive us to school.

Now. What's YOUR morning routine to get your kidlings to school?

No comments: