Saturday, August 13, 2005

Pluses & Negatives

Plus: Getting up when you hear the Bear do his wake-up call this morning.

Minus: Letting the Bear find me in our bedroom.

Plus:Realizing the Bear is in the bedroom and picking him up from beside my sadly tired sleeping body.

Minus: Putting the Bear in the toddler bed and telling him to "Go to sleep" and then getting into bed beside me.

Plus:Getting the Bear out of the room once you realize he is NOT going back to sleep (after 15 minutes of rolling to and fro on the toddler bed).

Now tell me...could YOU fall back asleep after all this? I tried. Valiantly. But alas I gave up and walked out to the family room.

Minus: Putting on a video to keep the Bear quiet and falling asleep on the couch. When the Bear obviously has a poopy diaper. Pee-yew! I smelled the kid right when I sat on the couch.

Plus:Having fed the Bear a little something.

Minus: Not cleaning after he'd had something to eat. AND not cleaning up the pizza & dishes you'd both used the previous evening while the Princess and I were out at the party. **

Minus: Realizing that I was up for the day and going back into the master bedroom to sleep.

**I didn't go into the kitchen at all after we'd come home from the party. I assumed that the Hubs had taken care of dinner and the clean-up. I swept the kitchen/nook and washed all the dishes before I left. So the mess that was there was obviously the result of their antics after I left.


*************************

I'm in a complaining mood. I HATE when that happens. But it's so irritating that he sometimes just thinks of his OWN needs rather than the family needs. Since I woke up?

1. Fed the Princess
2. Cleared & wiped down the breakfast table
3. Swept the floor in the kitchen/nook
4. Washed all the dishes
5. Got kids into daytime clothes
6. Sorted & started a load of laundry

That's all within 45 minutes. The Hubs was up for almost 2 hours with just the Bear before I appeared.

Okay...okay...okay...

Shake it off! Put on a happy face now! Thanks for listening...uh...reading...

No comments: