Friday, August 12, 2005

Making Mommy Grumble

Stay and hover near me when we're attending a birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza (kind of like Chuck-e-Cheese) instead of playing the various games and having fun with the neighborhood kiddos.

****************

Waking up at 11:45pm complaining in your crib. Making enough of a fuss that I walk upstairs. I check your forehead. I recover you.

"Go to sleep buddy. It's still night-night."

Waking up at 3am coughing in your crib. I walk to the kitchen. Get some cold water in a sippy. I walk upstairs. I check your forehead. I hand you the sippy. While you sip, I recover you.

"Go back to sleep buddy. It's still night-night."

The positive thing about this is that you DO fall back asleep. Until 6am. The bad thing? I had to wake up twice. I walked up to your room twice. Instead of having a full night of sleep. The full night of sleep that your Daddy apparently got when he somehow didn't hear you complaining over the monitor. The Daddy who somehow slept through HIS alarm (4:45am) and MY alarm (5:15am) because he was sleeping TOO good. How annoying is that?

****************

[cough-cough-cough]

[cough-cough]

Hubs walks over to me just now.

Hubs: "Did you leave her any water?"

Me: "She's got the glass from last night, but it's not cold."

Hubs: "Hmmmmm..."

Me: "Why don't you got get her a cold glass of water and bring it to her?"

Hubs walks off. Gets the water.

Okay...why couldn't he just get the water instead of asking me?

No comments: