Thursday, August 18, 2005

Arms up high....reach...reach...reach!

I am SO gall darn tired!

This business of getting up early has whooped my behind. And it's not a tiny behind either.

I can't wait for the weekend. I think we'll have to take a family nap when the Bear goes down at his usual time after lunch. By the way? Today? He didn't nap. He banged his little figure of Buzz Lightyear against his crib. He flopped about. Made "huff & puff" noises. Right now it's 1:40pm and he's watching a movie. I'm sure he's tired but fighting it. I'm sure those eyelids are heavy. But he's fighting the urge to let them close. Much like ME!

After we pick up the Princess from kindergarten, I'm going to be taking a snooze sitting up on the couch while the kiddos watch a video. Give me 5 minutes. That's all I need. Seriously. I need a bit of a recharge. I can't take a snooze now because I won't be able to shake the sleepiness out of my body. I know me. I can't let myself go down. Not yet.

So how am I trying to stay awake? Surfing the web. Reading articles. Staying in an uncomfortable chair so I won't konk out. I'm also trying to take deep breathes, stretch my neck, and reach my hands up high in the air while I yawn.

Darn it all. I wish it would rain. That would be a FABULOUS reason to take a nap....

No comments: