Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Yard/Garage sale professionals?

I know that there are a bunch of folks who go out on the weekends to garage/yard sales. I know you're out there!

One thing I've got to know is WHAT do you typically buy when you're out there? Furniture? Knick-knacks? Clothes? Toys? What? What? What?

Like I mentioned earlier in the week, our block is having a neighborhood sale. You know how it is when you move. You unpack and realize "Why the heck do I still have this?" Lots of us were in temporary housing while our homes were delayed, so most of us packed away a bunch of stuff into storage. When we unpacked, I guess we all found stuff that we realize we didn't miss at all. Hence...the garage sale.

Here's a small list of things I'm trying to unload:

1. Kids shoes (barely scuffed)
2. High chair
3. Booster seat
4. Pack-n-play (fully loaded)
5. Kids videos (Disney & Baby Einstein)
6. Baby audiotapes (for sleeping/soothing)
7. Cordless phones (900mhz)
8. Men's dress button-down shirts (all pressed)...the Hubs thinks I'm crazy to have ironed them
9. Baby outfits

What's funny is that the other neighbors? The husband doesn't want the wife to come out this Saturday. Why? Because he thinks she'll shop at all our houses. Apparently, she doesn't like to throw out anything. Their 3rd small garage is full of stuff. Now he's worried that she'll come home with load of more stuff for their two girls...stuff that is being moved from our homes to theirs. He-he-he...

No comments: