Monday, August 15, 2005

Ding-ding-ding...school is now in session

Oh my, oh my, oh my!

What a traffic jam this morning! All because school has started for the city. Moms & Dads & other caregivers are on the road driving their precious cargo into school. There are quite a few school buses in the mix, but a TON of cars.

Instead of immediately getting onto the freeway, I took the streets back home. Mistake. BIG mistake. I had to pass by two schools. It took 25 minutes to get home. Normally, it takes me about 5. Yes. I learned my lesson. No more street driving home in the morning. I wonder if the afternoon traffic will be as bad? Hmmm...

So be CAREFUL out there folks. If you don't have a child or children, be cautious when your city's schools start their new term. If you live near a school? Heed those 15 mph speed limits. Yield to those crossing guards. Add a few more minutes into your commute.

No comments: