Monday, August 29, 2005

Bak in the grind

I'm better now!

The cause for all the angst? Money.

Turns out my husband has been reviewing our finances this week. His conclusion? I need to go back to work. At least part-time.

I haven't worked outside the home since August 2000! I feel so weird. I don't want to go back to work. I want to have one-on-one time with my Bear. The kind of time that the Princess had with me. But alas. I need to find a job.

Today? I cancelled (withdrew) from the two parks & recs courses I had the Bear signed up for. I also sent my resume to 5 places. I'm also in the process of investigating daycare facilities.

To top it all off? My car started making funny sounds this morning. I do believe it's the transmission. I put a call into our regular mechanic and he recommended a transmission repair shop. Our mechanic's shop is not equiped with all the computer equipment and software needed for my vehicle (my car is a 1998 so it's not new).

So hopefully the car can get fixed tomorrow morning. And not for a bundle of money. The Hubs said that we'll start to check out cars. I'm actually going to let HIM pick it out. I don't want him complaining anymore about MY vehicle.

That's the gist of what's been going on. What's been causing the stress. Thanks for the well wishes and positive thoughts!

No comments: