Sunday, August 7, 2005

A BIG day tomorrow

SCHOOL starts tomorrow morning!

Rise and shine! Get ready! Go! Go! Go!

It's going to be interesting. I'll have to get up and get myself presentable before the Bear wakes up (much more of a challenge than anyone realizes). Get the Bear fed and ready for the day. Only then will I wake the Princess up at 7am. She'll eat breakfast, wash her hands and brush her teeth, change into her school clothes, and then I'll fix her hair. By then it'll be time to pack up in the car and head on out.

School starts at 8am. Since she's in the full-day program, I'll pick her up at 3pm. Long day? Yeah. But she's ready for it.

As she ate breakfast this morning, I mentioned that tomorrow she'll be off to school. You should have seen her face! She was so excited. I told that today we'd take a closer look at her new backpack. You know, all the pockets and where I'd be putting stuff (lunch box, two snacks, drink).

We've also got to pick out an outfit. I remember going through my clothes before the first day of school. What to wear? What to wear? I think I'll get the denim blue skort, a pink shirt, a pink short sleeve zip jacket with her pink/green tennies. This way she'll have some layering in case the room is cold.

Of course, I'll have my handy digital camera in my pocket to take photos. I'll probably take a couple here at the house, a couple in the car, and a couple at the school. I'll try to post those later on tomorrow.

No comments: