Sunday, August 7, 2005

I'm getting ready

You know how school is starting tomorrow?

Not only is the Princess ramping up for the new year, I am too!

I actually went and purchased a day planner. Yes. One that I can carry around with me in my purse. One that'll show me the month as a whole and the week as a whole. I'm going to need to keep myself organized.

Not only is the Princess going to be on a regular schedule. The Bear has been signed up for classes as well. I've got him in two classes per week starting in September. By that time, I'll have the Princess routine to get to school down pat. The Bear will realize the 'get ready' routine by then too. There will be other things to fill up my days. Field trips. Books due at the library. You know.

I'm going back to a scheduling technique I used during college. Each type of activity had a color. Classes were yellow. Green was for work. Pink was for extra curricular activities. If any of the colors had bleed over than there was an issue.

Mommy: Yellow
Daddy: Blue
Princess: Pink
Bear: Green

Hopefully I'll be able to move onto this new phase (Mommy with kid in real school) without any hitches!

No comments: