Monday, August 1, 2005

It's happened!

Remember this? That's not the case anymore.

As of today, LilSis is engaged!

Halleluia!

She left me a voicemail this morning around 7:30am to give her a call. She sounded sick. She sounded tired. I didn't turn on my cell until 8am. I called her back and she broke the news.

I guess today is Shorty's birthday. Last night, the two of them went out to dinner with his family to celebrate the occassion. The two went for a walk on the beach later. They sat and chatted. Then he POPPED the question. Actually, he took the BOX out and then took a knee. LilSis told me she started to cry once she saw the box.

The two are going to my folks house this evening to discuss their plans. They haven't set a date as yet. They are thinking about May or June. I told LilSis that mid to late June would work for most people. As some people have kids in school and couldn't travel until the school year was over. I had my motives. There's the BILs cruise in April. Then there's the Hubs' cousins' wedding Memorial weekend. We've got two events to attend. Now it's THREE!

But I'm really happy for my sister. I've got to call Sis#2 and get her take on the event. But I do know that I'm going to have to go on a diet! And start to exercise! Got to lose that 15 pounds that's stuck around my middle. Now I've got incentive!

No comments: