Saturday, August 20, 2005

The kiddo shuffle

Another reason I'm loving our neighborhood.

While us parents were out trying to get folks to buy our stuff? The kiddos around here were doing the shuffle.

My house was host to the two kids from across the street.

One 10 year old was in the cul-de-sac with J (also 10).

J's younger brother (5) was in the house of the girl (6) next door.

Now? The kids that were at my house are now down the street at another 5 year old girl's house.

I can't wait for all the kids to broaden their friendships. I'm thinking in a few years all the current kindergarten girls will be scheduling sleep-overs at each other's houses each Friday.

Now that our section of the development will be completely lived in by the end of August (the house next of us closes in another couple weeks)...I'm sure we'll be scheduling a neighborhood block party since it is also getting cooler out. I just LOVE our neighborhood!

No comments: