Saturday, September 24, 2005

ICE

You think we ran out of ice at the party?

No. No. No.

This is about "ICE". Have you heard about this? It stands for "In Case of Emergency".

There is an effort to have this spread nationwide. To all cell phone users. That we each program a couple ICE numbers into our cells. This way emergency crews (fire, police, paramedics, hospitals) know who to call in the event we are unconscious.

The suggestion to put it under "ICE -- name" is great. This way the people who are helping know that number is who they need to call. I mean, I have my hubby under "Sweetie". But would I want him to be called first? Yes. But anyone helping me (if I were unable to speak for myself) wouldn't necessarily assume that. They might call my Dad or Mom.

I am going to program a few ICE numbers into my phone tonight (ICE - hubby, ICE - Mom, ICE - Sister). YOU please do so too!

Here's a link to an article about this subject.

No comments: