Saturday, September 24, 2005

Making Mommy Laugh

The Bear has been doing this Vanna White kind of thing at the dinner table lately. He'll stop eating and look at us all. He'll put his hand on his chest and say his name. Then flip his hand palm-side up towards the Princess and say "Sissy". Move his arm towards me and say "Mommy". Move his arm towards the Hubs and say "Daddy". Then put his hand on his chest and say his name. He'll go around a few times. Sometimes he'll get so wound up in moving his hand around that he'll call us by the wrong name. It cracks us all up every single time.

************************

Upon hearing the details of the Hubs 'nightmare', I couldn't help but laugh.
"I dreamed that we had FOUR daughters about the same age range."
What's funny is that I came from a family with four daughters. Not all the same age. But four is enough, right?

************************

The expression on my Hubs face after I told him what the Princess said.
"Can we invite boys to my party?"

************************

Listening the Bear when he's watching a football game with the Hubs.
"Hi Fi! Hi Fi!"
Translation? High Five!

************************

Just listening to the Bear with his ever growing vocabulary.

"Waa dewing Sisssy?" - What are you doing Sissy?

"Go ow-sigh?" - Go outside?

"No. No Me-me's!" - No nap! The Hubs calls naps "me-me's"

"Nigh-nigh Bav-har." - Night Night Braveheart (a Carebear that sleeps with him).

"Pick op Sissy?" - Time to pick up Sissy?

************************

Watching the kids out of the corner of my eye as they both notice I've got a slab of chocolate cake on a paper plate in front of me. At 8pm this evening. They both stopped dead in their tracks. I saw the Princess lick her top lip in silence. The Bear said "Mmmm..." I glanced over to them both. I got a bit of cake on my fork and held it in their direction. They pounced like little lions. Thankfully, they took turns relishing each bit of chocolatey goodness off my fork. As for me? I had one little bite.

No comments: