Friday, September 23, 2005

Still on my search

The job search.

Yes. Haven't landed one yet. The 2nd place I interviewed at had me in the final two. The other girl won. They said the reason was because she had experience in that specific industry. I think it's because she didn't have kids.

But I will be updating my resume to target specific jobs. Administrative Assistant. Accountant. Etc. I think I had post 5 different resumes on monster, right?

I did see a job that I would LOVE to get. But I don't know where it's located. It's 5 hours a day. 5 days a week. And it's at an hourly rate $6 above what I need to get to make working work. But I'm not going to get all worked up about it. I sent my resume. I send a cover letter explaining how I could "fit". That's all I can do.

I think THAT is what is driving me crazy. This waiting. Searching and waiting. The fact that I have no real control to make people see that I'd do a good job. A few of the jobs I've had, I've had because I worked as a temp at that location. Then when 'whoever was in charge' saw what I could do in person, they offered me a job. HOW do you get that kind of thing out on a resume? You don't. So I sit and wait. Patiently.

No comments: