Wednesday, October 26, 2005

What would you do?

This past Saturday, we had dinner with the Hubs' immediate family at a restaurant. Well, most all of the Hubs' family.

My FIL and MIL were not there when we arrived. What was odd about that was that they had left before us to get to the restaurant. So we were pretty surprised not to see them sitting there when we arrived.

Hubs: "Where are Mom & Pops?"

SIL: "They left."

Hubs: "Why?"

BIL: "Her boss is here. With his girlfriend."

Hubs: "Oh....what?"

SIL: "Remember? He's married? He's here with his girlfriend!"

Hubs: "Okay."

Me: "So your parents walked in and saw him and left?"

SIL: "Yup!"

Just because her boss was there was his girlfriend, my ILs bowed out of dinner. REALLY people. The boss was out in public with this lady. If he got 'caught' with her than it's his own fault, you know?

Later on...

Me: "Doesn't he live alone out here? I remember your mom mentioning that he had that big house all to himself."

SIL: "That sounds right."

Me: "So then his wife lives somewhere else."

SIL: "Yeah...."

Me: "Then maybe the two are separated. Even if they are still legally married."

SIL: "Maybe."

Me: "Or else they have an open marriage."

BIL: "Oh sick!"

The Hubs and I spoke about this on the drive home while the kidlings were passed out.

If the Hubs were in that situation, he would have left the restaurant. Just like his parents. Why people? Why?

If I were in that situation, I would have gone in and had dinner. I would have even stopped at the table to get 'introduced' to the lady. That way I would be calling him on it. Let's just say I'd use it as leverage if needed. Then again I would find out if he was legally separated or not. I would use it as an opportunity for information.

What would you have done if you were out and caught your boss out with a lady or a man (not the spouse)???

No comments: