Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Kick on in!

It's about 12:05am. I'm awake. I wasn't. Until an hour ago.

That's when the HIVES took over. I felt so itchy. All over.

Once I woke up. I got out of bed. I logged onto the web. Surfed around to find any store that was still open.

AHA! The one that's only 3/4 miles from my house was open until midnight! Halleluia!

I threw on some clothes. I whispered to the Hubs that I was going to the store.

"But they're not open until 6am...."

"They're open until midnight."

So off I went. In the dark dark night. Itchy as itchy can be. The hives were spreading. That's why I woke up. All around my neck. Over about 60% of the trunk of my body. Sweet goodness I needed some relief.

I ended up with some "Claritin - Hives Relief". It's non-drowsy 24-hour relief. It's supposed to take about an hour to kick in. I took it almost 30 minutes ago. It's got loratadine in it. Supposed to be a 2nd generation antihistamine that doesn't cause drowsiness like the stuff that's in Benadryl. We'll see if this stuff works. And for those of you who have used the Benadryl? How long did it take to kick in? Did it really make you drowsy?

No comments: