Tuesday, October 25, 2005

itchy-scratchy-itchy-scratchy

You know how go through your day and scratch when the urge hits?

I had worn a sports bra to bed last night. This morning, I was itchy around the left side of my breast. No biggie. Just scratch and put on a daytime bra. Go on with my day. I absently scratched my skin th rest of the day.

When I went to pick up the Princess and the Bear this afternoon, I noticed that I was itchy. I figured it was due to the fact that I failed to put on moisturizer after my shower last night. Good reasoning, eh?

People? I've got HIVES!

I noticed it just before the Hubs got home this evening. I actually looked and saw raised red skin. And you know what else? The raised and red skin is...ALL...OVER...THE...PLACE!

It's in that spot that I noticed this morning. On the left side of my breast. Around the bra-band area on the left. Under my upper right and upper left arm. A couple spots on my tummy. The front of my neck. And on the front of my thighs.

I found some Calamine lotion. I've got streaks of it in all the right places. Thankfully, it's helpful alleviate the majority of the itchy feeling. But there's that underlying urge to scratch away. You know?

Now how long does it take for hives to go away? Is there some other ointment that I should be using? HELP!

No comments: