Saturday, October 15, 2005

Zonked out

Since starting my new job on Monday I've been busy. WAY BUSY.

The result of being so busy? I sleep like a log. Apparently, the other night I was so out of it that I was snoring up a storm. Enough noise to wake my husband up and keep him awake for a half hour. He finally shoved nudged me softly so I changed position.

Typical schedule?

  • Wake up at 5:45am
  • Wash up/contacts in
  • Get sippys/milk/breakfast out
  • Login to computer to check emails
  • Get Bear by 6:30am
  • Wake Princess by 6:45am
  • Make lunches & get backpacks packed
  • Get Bear washed & dressed for the day
  • Get Princess washed & dressed for the day
  • Out the door by 7:30am
  • Drop Princess at kindergarten
  • Drop Bear at daycare
  • Get logged into computer at 8:30am
  • Work
  • Work
  • Work
  • Head out at 2:45 to pick up kidlings
  • Princess at 3pm
  • Bear at 3:15 (or so)
  • Home by 3:25
  • Snacks & cuddles from 3:30-4pm
  • Send the kids to play upstairs
  • Start to get dinner ready 4:30pm
  • Work/check emails
  • Eat dinner 5:30pm
  • Kids to bed by 7:30pm
  • Work

There's been a ton of work. But it's fine. The stuff I'm doing now is something I can understand. There's just a lot to it. Working from home has been nice so far. It's given a bunch of flexibility to when I can do more work (before the kids wake up/after the kids are in bed). But because it's right here? I'm working a lot. Last night I was up until 11:30pm trying to get my brain to understand all the steps to a process. Thankfully, I think I've got it down. Just one more iteration to go. Then I'll be ready for the real deal on Monday. Getting it done and getting it to the person who needs it. Did I tell you that they just gave me this project at lunchtime on Thursday?

Oh...and that's another thing. Because I'm in the comfort of my home? I'm forgetting to take time outs. Sure, I'll grab some water and use the facilities, but I'm not stretching out. I'm not eating a proper lunch. The last two days I snacked on some yogurt pretzels and tropical trailmix during the day.

Once I get into the groove of my job requirements, I hope to be able to take a half hour to do some cardio sometime during the day. Get myself on a better schedule. But for now? Work! That's what I'm about to do right now. More work. On a Saturday morning. ARGH!

No comments: