Wednesday, November 9, 2005

Feeling helpless

This morning as I walked the Princess over to where her class lines up in the morning, I noticed one of the girls in her class.

Why did I notice her? She (CB) was the last one in line. And she was gasping for air. She was crying! I knelt down in front of her.

Me: "Oh CB. Are you okay? Did you fall down?"

CB: [gasping] "I can't...I can't...stop crying."

Tears were slowly moving down her little cheeks. Her shoulders shook as she gasped for air. It broke my heart.

Me: "It's okay honey."

I took her hands in mine. I looked into her little green eyes. Such a sad face. I wiped her tears from her cheeks. The Princess stood next to me looking at her friend with concern.

Me: "CB? Where is your sister?"

CB turns and points to her sister, who is in the very next line-up of kids.

Me: "Prin. Why don't you hold CB's hand. She's having a sad moment."

I walk over to CB's sister.

Me: "Hi. Your sister says she can't stop crying."

CB's sister walks over to CB and hands her some sunglasses. To cover her sad little eyes. The she gives her little sister a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She said something in her ear but I don't know what. Then she walked back to her line.

I walked over to the kindergarten teacher and told her that CB was sad and was crying.

As I walked to my car, I turned and looked back. CB had the sunglasses on. The Princess was holding her hand. They both walked into the school together.

That's all I could do. I felt so helpless. I don't know what could make CB so sad.

No comments: