Thursday, November 10, 2005

Just the girls today

The Princess is off from school today. Something about the teacher's getting a day to stuff done or whatever. Another quarter just finished so I guess they've got paperwork to deal with. Classes to re-decorate and organize.

This means that the Princess has today AND tomorrow off. It's a four day weekend for her. But...the Hubs has to work. I have to work.

The Princess is happily eating a pumpkin scone with a shot of milk on the side. She and I ventured to the local video rental place yesterday after school. We picked up two DVDs. A Dora and a Superhero (think old Superman & Wonder Woman episodes from when you were a kid) DVD. We'll be grabbing some fast food for lunch (Mickey D's). I've figured out that I need a couple 10 minute breaks to keep her feeling like I"m touching base with her during my busy day. I'm planning on painting her toenails. I'm planning on coloring with her too.

Thankfully the Bear is oblivious to the Princess being home alone with Mommy. He's been dropped off at daycare. Just like any normal weekday. I feel so fortunate that he's settled into his 'class' without any problems. He's learning to urinate in the toilet. He's napping 3 out of 5 days. When he's not napping, he'll lay quietly with his teddy bear. He's learning to clean up after himself (the kids throw away their uneaten food and give their Dixie cups to their teachers). Anyway...

I hope the Princess and I make it through today without too many interruptions. I've still got to make it through tomorrow!

No comments: