Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Hosting Thanksgiving

With my BIL working halftime in his new city. With my ILs trying to sell their house. With my SIL in a place too tiny. And since no one has stepped up...

WE ARE HOSTING THANKSGIVING!

I haven't received an email confirming the Hubs immediate family's attendance, but I'm sure they'll drive the 90 minutes down. Just to not have to go through the hassle of cleaning, cooking, and cleaning again.

If everyone decides to come, I may have 15 people to feed. FIFTEEN!

I have to buy a turkey. I'm contemplating a ham too. Lots of rolls. Potatoes. Sweet potatoes with marshmallows. Corn on the cob (I think we'll be grilling those outside). Green beans with those crunchies on top. Stuffing. Fresh cranberries. Pumpkin pie. Apple pie. Ice cream. Lots of hot strong coffee and hot tea. Some wine (any recommendations on this one?) for the adults. Did I forget anything?

Now where are you headed for Thankgiving? Do you know yet? It's only a few weeks away!

I still have to break out my holiday decorations and put those up. Yes. I'm going to have the inside of my house decorated for Thanksgiving. It's the beginning of the season! Gotta do it!

No comments: