Monday, November 7, 2005

Parents of toddlers & young kids

This morning after dropping off the kidlings, I realized how quiet it was in the car. Oftentimes, the BEST sound when we're all in there. But today, as I sat at a stoplight I turned around. I looked towards the back. Two empty kid seats.

Of course, the Bear's forward facing convertible carseat was securely fastened in the 3rd row. But the Princess' booster seat? Not so much. She has one of those Alpha Omegas that we purchased specifically so that she could continue to use it as a booster. So it's BIG. You all know what they look like, right?

When the Princess is in the booster it's fine. But when she's not, the booster sits there unattached. Kind of unsafe. You know how they tell us to keep loose items in the back in the event of an accident? How things that aren't secure in the car can cause injuries? Yeah. THAT is what I'm talking about.

WHAT do you all do when your toddlers or young kids are not in their booster seats?

  1. Do you store the booster seat in the back of your vehicle?
  2. Do you let the booster seat sit there unbuckled?
  3. Do you buckle the booster seat?

ARGH! Did it tell us in the instructions what to do? If so, I certainly didn't see any kind of statement like that. Or did I just not notice it? Hmmm...

Come on people...what do you do?

No comments: