Sunday, November 6, 2005

Time alone

The Hubs and I had a 'date' yesterday afternoon. My SIL drove down to watch the kidlings.

We spent about 6 hours together. Alone. Without the kids in tow. It went by in a blink of an eye. It was amazing!

We ate a nice lunch at Chili's. Leisurely. Watching the college football games in the bar area. Talking. Eating. Eating warm food. At the same time.

We went to a mall we'd never been to. I spent some of my hard earned paycheck. I actually bought a couple pair of yoga pants -- without looking at the price tag! HA! Hey, we were in Old Navy...how expensive could they be? Then I proceeded to buy the Bear a couple pair of sweats, a couple long-sleeve shirts (it's starting to get cold out here) and some socks. So more stuff for him than me. We dropped by the Barnes & Noble too. I got the kids two books about Thanksgiving. I want them to learn the reason we have the holiday (the Pilgrims & the Indians) and how we should be during the holiday (thankful for all that we have). It was great being able to buy stuff.

Then we watched a movie. Violent. But good. Wasn't what I was expecting. But overall a good afternoon distraction.

Then it was time to head home. We didn't get to stop by the shoe store. We didn't get to stop by the home improvement store. Nor did we have a chance to stop by Tar-jay! We thought we'd have time to but alas....six hours slipped away.

No comments: