Sunday, November 20, 2005

It's early but whatever!

Our TREE isUP!

I know. I know. It's early. It's before Thanksgiving.

But people. We are HOSTING Thanksgiving. We want the house to look festive. We want it to be a memorable FIRST Thanksgivng and Christmas in our new home.

So...the tree is up. Mostly. The kids helped with the decorations. I put up three. The three that are up high. The ornaments the kids put up? On the lower half of the tree. So our tree is askew. Half decorated. Fabulously deocrated on the bottom. Not so festive up top. I'm going to move some of the low-hanging fruit up to the top section. We're having the kids put up more decorations the rest of the week. So my moving things up will give them more space to hang more ornaments.

We have the BIG tree in the livingroom. It's nice to have a big tree again. Having it in storage for almost two years? We've missed it. We have the tiny tree that we bought when we were in our temporary townhouse (is a year considered temporary?) on our kitchen bar area. So we've got two trees! The kiddos helped decorate the little one too. It's got those miniature round ornaments on it. Cute as can be!

Then I put up garland and lights on our staircase and loft banister. I just picked up the garland and lights at Tarjay this morning. Instead of fooling with the if-fy strands that we'd had in storage, I went ahead and bought 6 new strands (100 lights each). I used two new strands on the BIG tree and two new strands for the banister. So I've got two left! Ay-yay-yay!

Next year we won't decorate until Thanksgiving weekend. That's when we'd normally get everything out. But since I'm working like a maniac and since we're hosting this year. We did it today.

What about you? When are YOU breaking out the decorations?

No comments: