Wednesday, November 16, 2005

We're flipping spots

"Sweetie, I'm going to bed in 10 minutes."

A typical statement to make to your significant other, right? What's odd is that I made this comment. Not my husband.

I NEVER say this to him. He's the one who is always wanting to get to sleep.

Last night? I said this at 9:45pm. I felt like my brain was all used up. My back ached. My eyes felt all grainy (remember I wear contacts). I felt like I needed my whole body to be pulled (like Mr. Incredible when he was fighting that thing in the volcano) to relief all the tension in my body.

My husband hadn't even taken a shower yet. But the LOOK I gave him sent him immediately to our bathroom to get cleaned up.

I followed him into the bedroom. Got myself in bed. Read some pages in a book that I'm STILL trying to finish. When he walked out of the bathroom? He tucked me in and kissed me good night. He knew I was tuckered out.

Ahhh...it was a good sleep...

No comments: