Tuesday, December 27, 2005

As secure as a bank vault

Some parents might take issue at putting toys together.

My issue? Getting items out of their boxes.How parentproof do they had to MAKE those containers?

There's the box. There's the tape at each possible opening. There's the plastic twist ties at every crevice imaginable to hold the toys to the additional cardboard piece inside the box. But then they have tape to hold down the twist ties?

I felt like I needed a tactical plan to get the toys free. FREE!

Each box was a mission. I was amazes at how even My Little Pony was secured onto a molded piece of clear plastic. I needed a pair of scissors every gosh freaking time I opened something.

But then there's the battery compartment. I had to find the tiny little screw driver to open up all those compartments. To throw in 2 or 3 or 4 AA batteries. Batteries that'll only last a week or two. Then I'll have to break out the screw driver once more. That is...until the toy breaks. OR when the kidlings lose interest in the toy. Whichever comes first.

MAN! I'm sure there's someone who gets paid to think of how manufacturer's are going to package these toys. And secure those toys so well that we parents end up silentlyl swearing (or not so silently swearing) as we open up each twist-tie.

No comments: