Friday, December 23, 2005

Trying to be slick & failing...

My daughter is too smart for words.

Or is it me that forgets that she knows a bunch of things?

We stopped by a neighbor's house the other day to drop off a holiday gift. We found that they had a new family member. A little white dog.


Me: "Oh, you got a dog?"

Neighbor: "We've been thinking about it since we moved in. We just got it a month ago."

Me: "The Hubs and I have been contemplating either getting a C-A-T or a D-O-G."


I stopped. I looked at the Princess. She had an all knowing grin on her face. She knew EXACTLY what I had spelled. I forgot that she knows those words! I shake my head.

My neighbor and I chatted for a few minutes and then the Princess and I walked home.

Later on that night, the Hubs and I were talking.

Me: "Oh yeah. And Jeff?"

Hubs: "Okay..."

Me: "Jeff got a perro (that's dog in Spanish)."

Princess: "Yeah Daddy! It was a WHITE perro."

What am I going to do now? She knows how to spell AND speak bits of Spanish????

No comments: