Friday, January 27, 2006

I'm SO important...yeah...right...

We've all witnessed it.

THOSE people.

You know the ones. The ones who walk through life thinking they are just SO important.

The ones who cut you off on the road.

The ones who turn right at an intersection when there are 3 signs saying "NO TURN ON RED".

Today, I came across one of THOSE.

I walked into the local taco shop for a breakfast burrito. There were 3 guys laughing and eating. Obviously, some construction guys taking a few minutes for breakfast and starting out their day. Then there was a gal sitting in a booth alone. With her back to the counter. Talking on her phone. Talking really LOUD.

I went up to the counter and smiled at the lady behind the counter.

"May I please have a #1 breakfast burrito to go?"

I paid and I sat on the side facing the counter.

I sat there quietly in a small booth.

A minute later.

[garble-garble]

The lady behind the counter had said something. My ears perked up because no one had moved.

"Number 1 breakfast burrito!"

I grabbed my purse. I walked over to the front of the counter and smiled with a puzzled expression on my face.

"Is that mine? or hers?" as I glanced to the other gal in the shop.

The lady smiled at me. She looked over at the other gal who was still talking on the phone. She picked up the bag and handed it to me.

"This one is YOURS."

I quickly walked out of the shop. The other gal in the shop? She was STILL talking on the phone. I don't even think she realized that I had walked off with the burrito that was supposed to be hers....

No comments: