Saturday, January 14, 2006

Then don't act all hissy...

"Go! Look at the kids' rooms and the guest room."

"You are SUCH an attention hog."

Okay. What prompted that type of discussion? My husband and his attitude yesterday. Actually, he and I made those statements about an hour ago when we were putting the kids to bed.

WHY was I asking him to look at the rooms?

Because they were totally clean! All the toys were picked up. Fresh linens. I even dusted the windowsills and vacuumed!

On Friday afternoons, my husband is able to get off a little early. He tend to be home by about 4pm. Normally, he's home around 5:30pm.

Generally speaking, the kids will have an afternoon snack about 3:30pm. Right after they get washed up when we get home after school. This gives me time to clean up after them and get to work. They generally play upstairs until dinnertime.

Like I mentioned, my husband comes home early on Friday. And yesterday, my son didn't eat a snack until 3:45pm. I washed his hands and he took off upstairs. I went back to work. I didn't even look at the table.

Well, the Hubs comes home. He goes into the kitchen area and opens up the mail.

[grumble-grumble]

Slam!

[grumble-grumble]

I leave the computer and look in the kitchen. The Hubs has got a big frown on his face. He's sweeping under the kitchen table.

He was ticked off. I left him alone. He was ticked off because of the mess that was left in the wake of the Bear's Arrowroot cracker snack. Crumbs on the table. Crumbs on the chair. Crumbs on the floor. I would have normally cleaned up after the kid. But yesterday? I didn't.

So...the Hubs was ticked off at the ONE time I didn't clean up after our child. The ONE time I didn't take the 2 minutes to wipe down the table and sweep the floor. Like I don't do ANYTHING to keep the place clean. THAT is how he was acting.

Let me tell you...that TICKED me off. That type of attitude. That type of behavior.

Anyway, that got me so ticked off I cleaned today. LIke I mentioned, I cleaned the kids' rooms. I also cleaned their bathroom and laid out new towels. I dusted all the windowsills and all the wood shutters. I vacuumed the entire house. I swept the floors. I got on my hand and knees and wiped the kitchen and family room floors -- that's the only way to see and clean all the sticky messes. I even did ALL the laundry (about 7 loads) and put it all way.

When the Hubs and my daughter returned from getting the 'new to us' television, we had the following conversation:

"Did your son take a nap while your daughter and I were gone?"

"Yes, he did."

"Did you have a good nap too?"

"Ummm...no. I didn't take a nap."

"Why not?"

"Because I was cleaning!"

And it didn't even seem like he noticed. I had to ask him.

"Can you tell I swept?"

"Yes."

"How can you tell?"

"The floors look shinier."

"How could the floors look shinier because I swept?"

"I don't know. But they do."

"Maybe they look shinier because I wiped the floors down."

So based upon the couple of conversations I've had with him regarding cleaning since yesterday, he made that comment at the beginning of this entry.

Now. If the work you were doing wasn't appreciated, wouldn't you kind of be pissed. When the one time you don't do what you normally do, you suddenly are unappreciated? Maybe I'm acting like an "attention hog" because you aren't giving me any attention....or showing any regard for the amount of work I do here.

Sorry that I'm complaining here. It's just a vent post. I just can't believe the attitude I got from his yesterday. All because I didn't sweep. Like it killed him to do it? HMMM?????

No comments: