Thursday, January 19, 2006

Yellow: Proceed with caution

That's what we're supposed to do when we see flashing yellow lights and yield signs, right?

This morning from the weatherman...

"Looks like the wind is going to pick up this afternoon. It's not the best news since it's been a very dry rainy season for us..."

I didn't think ANYTHING about this statement as I drove home from dropping the Princess off at school.

Cut to the drive to pick up the Princess from school...

I'm driving down the highway. I notice a bunch of dust ballooning into the air to the right front of me. Then I notice the couple of cars WAY in front of me put on their brakes. They continued on. I proceeded more cautiously than normal.

Then I saw what they were braking for.

A huge dry bush was making its way across the 3-lane highway!

The thing must have been at least 6 feet long and 3 feet across. HUGE! Remember that I live in Arizona...and it was not a tumbleweed. Just a dry old bush.

Thankfully I was able to drive past it safely.

I have no idea what the people behind me (as they were way far behind) thought when they came across that thing sitting on the highway!

---Proceed with CAUTION!!!!

No comments: