Friday, February 17, 2006

How about sitting in YOUR chair

My children get their picky eating habits from my husband.

So it's no surprise to me that my son ate two pieces of garlic bread and some strawberries before announcing,

"Aww done!"

I looked at my husband. My husband looked at me.

Then my husband got up and washed the Bear's hands in the kitchen sink.

"Come over here Bud and sit with Mommy."

My little guy walks over to me (still wearing his Superman cape) and climbs up into my lap.

While he was distracted, I took that opportunity to take one small shell of pasta and place it into his mouth.

Yeah. I used stealthy tactics like that. Distraction.

Once he was situated on my lap, he realized he had something in his mouth. He turned to me.

"Mmmm-mmm!"

Then his mouth opened up for more.

Uh...there was a whole slew of this stuff on his place not 3 minutes ago. A whole pile of pasta that he didn't bother to touch. The pile that I slid onto my plate while my husband washed the Bear's hands.

So it was one forkful for me. One forkful for the Bear.

I couldn't cut my pork chop with him on my lap. He's a bit too squirmy for that. So pasta it was.

I tried to sneak a small sliver of french cut green bean on it but the kid saw it.

Once we finished with the pasta, the Bear slid off my lap and marched in a bouncy way over to my husband. And looked up with those yearning eyes at his Daddy.

Yeah. The little boy ended up 'helping' my husband finish off the pasta that was on his plate too.

Then it was back to me. As I had managed to replenish my supply of pasta along with more garlic bread.

So my son ate. The majority up on our laps. But he ate.

No comments: