Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Just another day in the neighborhood

I thoroughly love the neighborhood I live in.

We moved here last year. Last March. So we haven't quite been here a year.

But I really do enjoy this area.

We have two big grocery stores a mile either way from our house. We've got two pizza places. Two video rental places. Two famous coffee places. A few fast food joints.

Next year we'll have a new HUGE community park with a library.

What's best though? My neighbors.

Those that I know. And those I don't.

Even the kids have taken note of my friendliness towards the people we usually see.

I stop and chat with our subdivision's customer service team. Either the guy or the gal is around here making fixes to people's homes when they move in.

I wave to the guy who sells newspapers at the main intersection.

I wave at the people who take walks around the time I drive the kidlings out to their schools.

And what's the best? All these people wave BACK!

So my daughter now has taken to waving at the workers that are making the road improvements into our neighborhood. She'll even wave to people in the next car when we're at an intersection. She is SO sad when they don't see her hand waving along with her smiling face. She gets so excited and giddy when people wave back at her.

Such a simple thing. A smile and a wave.

I'm just glad that I'm in a neighborhood where people wave back. AND don't think you're crazy for doing it.

How about you? What's YOUR neighborhood like?

No comments: