Monday, February 13, 2006

I know I shouldn't make fun...

But you SO would have been laughing your guts out too if you heard what I heard this morning on the radio.

The traffic report.

Not a funny topic for those who commute daily. 30. 40. 60 minutes?

But in my 15 minute round trip car-ride, my funny bone got tickled something awful.

"Dare es a roll-ober on Torn-y-..." translates to "There is a roll-over on Thorny..."

"On Ree-ber, expect de-ways..." translates to "On River, expect delays..."

There were quite a few quibbles and foibles in this guy's blurb. But you get the picture.

What's the funniest is that the morning show people are a hip-happening group of three. Then the traffic guy? Doesn't seem to fit their image.

I just could NOT get over it....hence...the laughter...

No comments: