Monday, April 10, 2006

I can't believe she said that....

Did anyone catch OPRAH today?

It's a show on how girls/women get an image to dumb themselves up because that's how all the "popular" girls are.

I have a tremendous issue with something Oprah said.

"You can't NOT see videos..."

There is a way. You avoid THOSE channels.

That's what I do. I never have the television on any of those kind of stations when the kids watch television. They do NOT need to see "bling-bling" and girls shaking their skantily clad bodies up against men. I don't find that to be entertaining. Or acceptable. So I don't want my children to see that kind of behavior.

My kids have enough time to check out the world. They have enough time to grow up. Right now? I would rather them watch Animal Kingdom. Yes. That's right. I'd rather them watch the lion pride eat up a water buffalo than watch those crazy music videos. At least the lions are real. Those videos? Those aren't.

No comments: