Monday, May 15, 2006

Weird neighbor alert

We had the most strange situation in our neighborhood last week.

We had just finished dinner when I heard a big bang.

I looked out in the backyard and saw some dust in the air. I thought it was a big gust of wind or something.

Then I really looked past our backyard into the natural environment ditch behind our house. There was a CAR in there! A car that was still moving!

The car shot up the embankment and back onto the road. Back onto the road and sped up the street. The street that has no outlet. So it was inevitable this vehicle was going to need to drive back down past my house. I did happen to catch its license plate number so I got on my phone and called the non-emergency police number.

I explained the situation.
Dispatcher: "Can you describe the vehicle?"

Me: "Dark green older 4-door Toyota Camry"

Dispatcher: "OK"

Me: "I also got the license plate number...it's ######."

Dispatcher: "Can you describe the driver?"

Me: "Caucasian male."

Dispatcher: "Huh?"

Me: "It was a Caucasian male with dark brown hair. You know. A WHITE guy. And there was a passenger with him."

Dispatcher: "Oh. Okay."

As I was on the phone, I saw this car stop onto the driveway next door to us. The corner house with the single guy. Then I saw the two guys put the car into the garage and close the garage door!

WEIRD!

Well, I let the police officer know of the latest development. I also happened to notice another neighbor on his cellphone outside. Yesterday, I saw this neighbor outside and I walked over to him. We had the most interesting conversation.

He told me that he was outside when he heard the big bang. He ran over to see what happened. That's when he saw the car drive out of the ditch. Then he saw the car drive up the road and then witnessed the guys put the car into the garage. Then he said he watched the guys get into the white truck. Actually, they stumbled into the white truck and drove off.

Me: "I hope that the owner doesn't renew the lease to this guy."

Neighbor: "What? That guy is a renter?"

Me: "Yup! The owner is actually a gentleman who lives in Hawaii."

Neighbor: "Oh really? I didn't know this guy was a renter."

I saw the wheels turning inhis brain.

Me: "Why?"

Neighbor: "Because I'm a realtor and I can find out who the owner is and let him know about the situation that just happened. He's opening himself up to some liability with the renter driving crazy in the neighborhood..."

So....weird eh?

No comments: