Sunday, June 4, 2006

Oh yeah...the funniest moment last weekend...

The most funny moment for me occurred at the reception.

It was when the Hubs' grandpa did his speech.

He gave his warmest welcome everyone. Congratulated his grandson & his new wife. Then sent out his regards to some missing people.

I would like to send my love out to a couple people who couldn't make it here tonight. Jesus and Priscilla. My daughter and son-in-law....

I looked over at my SIL and she had her head down looking at her lap in embarrassment. I have no idea what the Hubs and my BIL were reacting as their grandpa made his speech.

I was just about to crack up laughing. Jesus and Priscilla are the Hubs' parents.

It was too funny that Grandpa CALLED them on their lack of attendance.

You see, Grandpa and Grandma made it out to my BILs wedding. My BIL who just got married in April. My BIL who got married in Florida just before a honeymoon cruise. For some reason, my ILs did not fly out for the cremony even if they didn't want to go on the cruise. That's what the Hubs' did. He flew out and spent the day before with everyone and attended the wedding ceremony the next morning before the cruise set sail and then flew home.

Then my ILs didn't make it to this wedding...AND they don't plan on attending another wedding in October in the Windy City.

It's not like they have a whole lot going on. They don't have a TON of responsibilities. It's just the two of them at home now.

I mean, the Hubs and I had to juggle attending 3 weddings that occurred within a total of 7 weeks. All the wedding required travel. Since we had about 9 months to plan our schedule, then we were able to swing attending the various ceremonies.

But my ILs? Just didn't happen.

I wonder what my MIL did when she heard about her father's speech???? HA-HA-HA! [snort-snort] HA-HA-HA!!!!

No comments: