Wednesday, June 28, 2006

School is almost over!

The Princess' summer school is almost over. Friday is the last day. And I haven't signed her up for anything else. YET....

I have been looking around on the computer to figure out where there are July classes that are still open. Classes that aren't far from home. Classes that'll keep her occupied and happy.

My first option is a 5 day class at a dinosaur museum. Interesting. Full day class from 9am - 4pm. But about 25 minutes drive away.

My second option is a swimming class at the YMCA. Fun. Physically exhausting. But only a half hour long. But it's for 2 full weeks. 10 full classes.

Which one would YOU pick?

Me? I'm opting for the 2nd choice. The swimming class. It's going to be at 9:40am, Monday through Friday for 2 full weeks. Then there's another 2 week session following. I think I'll be able to get her into THAT too. So she'll be able to get 4 weeks worth of swimming lessons before the regular school session starts.

I think that the swimming classes will be more beneficial for my Princess than the dinosaur museum. She doesn't know how to swim. And she needs some consistent training to get her into a groove. She likes the IDEA of swimming but just hasn't had an opportunity to get lessons. I think this'll be the BEST choice for my girl...

How about you? Did you take lessons as a kid? Did you take lessons at the Y? Or from your parent? Or from some other program? Or are you still a non-swimmer?

No comments: