Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Privacy is important

Here's a blurb that I saw today....

"My ex-husband, without my knowledge, was sneaking into my wallet when I was asleep in the mornings and taking my ATM cards of my own private accounts and withdrawing money."(Just one more excellent reason never to share your ATM password.)

Before we had kids and I was working, we both earned a decent amount. We each had our money put to our own accounts and then we moved money to a joint account. The joint account was enough to pay our bills. We did not share our independent account information with each other. We never gave the other our PIN information.
When I was a stay-at-home Mom, I got a monthly allocation that I placed into my own account. My husband was the one who earned the money and paid all the bills. So he knew how much 'play' money we had left over. We still kept our account information separate. Not sharing our PINs.

Now that I'm working, we continue to keep our own accounts.

So here are my question to you readers:


  1. How do you handle your money?

  2. Do you and your spouse share a joint checking account that holds ALL your money?

  3. Do you have your own checking account that your money goes into?

  4. If you do have your own checking account, do you then move the money to a shared checking account?

  5. If you don't have a shared checking account, do you then take care of only specific bills and your spouse takes care of others?

  6. And then for the stay-at-home Moms or Dads, do you take money out of your shared account whenever? Or do you receive an allocation of money each month or week?

No comments: