Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Driving me crazy

I'm at odds with someone. It's someone that works for the same company I do. Thankfully, because we're a 'new' kind of company that allows us to work from home I don't have to see this person. But this person (I'll call her Eileen) is less than 30 minutes away from me. A local.

Eileen has been designated the account manager for a client. A client that I've been working with since I began my job. Each week, my team compiles data from a number of sources into one nice neat spreadsheet for the client.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned to the client that the computer system we have could 'house' all the data and spit out reports for them. This way they'd have the data in a database and not just in a spreadsheet. Anyone would vote for that right?

Anyway, Eileen has been designated to manage the project. What the client also did was decide to revamp the reports that my team has been compiling each week. The client decided to standardize the reports because my team actual creates 6 different reports for them. AND the client has decided to replace one of the data sources to another. The client sent us samples of what they want the new rpeports to look like.

Eileen asked me to send her what I have. I sent her all the various bits of source data for the current reports. She then asked for a sample of the new data source. I requested a sample from the client. I received one. I sent it to Eileen. Apparently, Eileen wanted a specific set of data. But she didn't bother to make that known in her request.

Then she goes off on a tangent that makes me think she's modeling the end result like the current reports. NOT the new format that the client sent.

OY VEY!

We're going to have a conference call soon with the entire team. I'm going to have to call her out on this. Because on our agenda? For this client? It says "Moving excel deliverables into system." I want every to know it's the NEW Excel format we should be moving toward. Not the old ones.

No comments: