Thursday, July 13, 2006

Do you like bacon? I got some!

The CEO and VP called me and I wasn't home. I was out picking up the Bear from daycare. Most people would now say "UH-OH!" But it was about 4pm and they all know I pick up the kids in the afternoon.

Thankfully, they left me a message.

Unfortunately, the first thing I checked when I got home was email. And there was a crisis that I HAD to handle. I was researching on the web and prepping an email when I got a SKYPE message from the VP.

"Did you get the voicemail from me & the CEO"

"Oh. I see there's a message. I'm handling a crisis with Client X right now. I'll get right back to you."

"OK."

I continued to trouble the issue I was on. Then I picked up the phone and listened to the voicemail.

"Oh...she's not home. Hmmm....Maybe someone else would want her raise...."

"Well, maybe if she calls us back..."

"Hey! Give us a call as soon as you get this message"

He-he-he! Those sneaky guys. I called them straight away.

"Hi. It's me."

"Hey there! So you got the message?"

"Yes."

"So you think you'd want to take a raise?"

"Uh. That would be fabulous. Thank you for thinking of me."

I got a raise people! A RAISE! And I didn't have to request it. Or BEG for it like I've had to basically do in the past. Right now I've doubled the salary that I started this job at.
Of course, the Hubs says they still aren't paying me enough. He says I'm worth twice the amount they're paying me.

I am ecstatic. Over the moon!

No comments: