Monday, July 17, 2006

Supermom to the rescue...

Last night I was Supermom!

I went out in a flash rain storm. Yes. There was some major lightening. But I went out anyway.

I went out front and rescued...rescued....our trashcan.

I had been gazing out our back windows. Our back fence has view fencing. Those black iron fences that you can see through. Well, I saw someone's trashcan skid down the street. Like 100 yards! The wind and the film of rainwater on the street just drove that trashcan down, down, down.

I ran to get my flip-flops. I saw my husband and the kids sitting in the front office looking outside. Looking at the rain. Looking at OUR trashcan shake.

Me: I'm going out there.

Hubs: But there's lightening, honey.

Me: I know. But I don't want to have our trashcan float down the street like our neighbors did!

Hubs: Seriously? Who's can?

Me: Sweetie, I'm just trying to prevent YOU having to rescue our trash can later on.

So out I went. Into the driving rain. Thankfully, I went out when I did. Our trashcan was just starting to float away. The rainwater with just high enough to get it started down the street. And there was a LOT more water running down our street.

So I saved it! I saved our trashcan!

Woohoo!

No comments: