Thursday, August 3, 2006

...And then there was...

Had to take the Princess to the pediatrician today. As we left the pediatrician's office, which was on the 2nd floor we both looked into the Western sky. It was dark. We could see the sheets of raindrops falling. Far away. We marveled at how dark the sky was to the west. And how thin and bright it was to the east. We hopped into the car. And drove to get some drive-thru lunch. A treat after the doctor's visit.

As we get to the drive-thru, the Princess notices something.

"Mommy? Is it starting to rain?"

Indeed. There were a couple of drip-drops on the windshield.

I ordered our lunch and then drove around. And waited almost 5 minutes. For the ONE car in front of us to get their food. OY!

As I drove my car forward that ONE spot up to the window? The rain started to PELT down on us. HARD! It was suddenly a driving rain. I paid and got a drink. And closed my window. I opened my window to grab my change and grabbed the other drink. And closed my window. Then opened the window back up to get the food. Those 3 exchanges? My interior door was wet. The left side of my driver's seat was wet. As well as the left side of my dash along with my steering wheel. ALL WET!

I even hydroplaned for a moment on the freeway on the way home. That shocked the heck out of me. THANKFULLY, everyone was far apart and driving slowly through the downpour.

And the Princess? She still feels like crud. Yuck!

No comments: