Thursday, August 31, 2006

Moments like these

that I like to watch tennis.

But this match tonight? Agassi versus Baghdatis? I've HAD to watch it.

And right now? It's the 5th set with a 4-4 score Deuce #8. I don't care if I've typed that correctly in tennis terms. Let's just say it's matches like this that make me LOVE this game.

This will be Andre Agassi's last tournament. He'll be leaving the sport after this tournament. I thought this might be his last match so that's why I started watching it.

Andre is 36 years old. Baghdatis is 21. And it's Baghdatis that's cramping up. Amazing.

Way back when Andre entered the professional circuit he was a flashy young guy. We ALL remember his hair. That LONG hair -- mullet...whatever.

Now? He's got a shaved head. He's married. He's got 2 children.

I like the way he's chosen to leave the sport. To announce in June that he was planning on retiring. This way people are prepared. So they can enjoy his game. To watch him and remember all the years he's played. And won. And lost. And won again. He's definitely the comeback kid.

Even though I'm not an avid watcher of tennis....it's been FABULOUS watching Mr. Agassi.

And now? We'll get to see him in at least ONE MORE MATCH! He won! He won!

No comments: