Thursday, September 28, 2006

Why is typical so typical?

Hubs? Out of town since Monday 5am. I didn't even stir when he kissed me good-bye.

Princess? Cranky moments. Annual ped's appointment yesterday. She's on the same growth curve as she was as when she first sprung forth into the world. 75% height (46 inches). 25% weight (38.5 lbs). Her thumb is healing fine. She's been given the okay to take off the splint at home. At school she'll continue to wear it until next Friday. But she's supposed to bend and stretch her finger while she's without the splint.

Bear? He's been crying when I try to put him to bed. He's basically slept with me since Monday night. When he sleeps with me, I end up not sleeping well. Because when he stirs, he LOOKS for me. Or rather, my hair. Which he twirls in his fingers endlessly until he's lulled back to sleep. Last night I put one of the kingsize pillows between us and told him to stay on his side. When he did cry out for me, I held his hand. But alas....he woke up sick today. As I was washing my face this morning, he stood there beside me and coughed. YOU know. THAT cough. The pre-sick cough? Well, he ended up coughing up some stomach acid. Just enough for me to know that he'd be home today. Great.

Anyway, today we ended up dropping the Princess off at school. A quiet ride this morning. The Bear and I got home. I opened his door and went down the driveway to grab the trash container (as the trash had already been picked up). I walked back to up the car and the Bear is standing there. In the car. With his right hand over his mouth.

"Buddy. You okay? You need to vomit?"

He looks down and points with his left hand to his feet. I look and there's a mushy little pile. Ugh. I grab a plastic ziplock bag (that I always have in the doors of my car) and put it under his chin. As if I've opened a floodgate, the kidling coughs up 3 more times. Calmly. With tears streaming down his eyes. Once he's done, he looks at me. In relief. I shuffle him inside. Take off his shoes. Plunk him on the carpet in the half bath. I then go back out into the garage with paper towels, cleaning towels, and some carpet cleaner. I spray and scrub that mushy pile out of my cars carpet. HOPEFULLY I caught it in enough time where it didn't soak into the depths of the fibers. yuck.

But the kid seems fine. He hasn't puked since. Right now he's playing on a Leapster. Quietly upstairs.

Oh yeah...and did I mention it's my birthday? Typical. I'm over-tired. With a sick kid. With an absent husband. On my birthday. Just typical.

No comments: