Friday, October 6, 2006

It's good to be the king

Who knows what movie THAT phrase is from? I only ask because my husband used to say this to me and I'd look at him like "Huh?" He finally was able to show me the movie that the phrase is from and I knew why I'd never heard it before. It was one of THOSE adolescent weird movies (in my own opinion).

Anyway, who is the king? The PRINCESS is!

"HUH?"

In her class, they play a game every Thursday called "King of the Mountain". It's basically a review for their Friday spelling test. You know the basic format. Each child spells a word. If the child spells the word correctly, the child remains standing. If the child misses the word, then the child sits down. My daughter? She LOVES this game. She is KING this week. That's right folks. She won yesterday's game.

ACTUALLY....she's won 7 out of the 8 times they've played this game. Yes. She's a good speller. This is the reason the Hubs and I can no longer spell words when we don't want the kids to know what we're talking about. We now have to have these discussions when the kids are in bed.

She's won 7 times. The one time she didn't win? Was because she had a doctor's appointment. And did I also mention that she is the youngest in her class? Yup. She was actually born after the normal cut-off for the public schools. And since they don't take exceptions we enrolled her into the charter school she's in. And now? She's the king.

We're so proud of how intelligent she is. We just have to keep on feeding her need to learn. It's good to be the king!

No comments: