Thursday, October 5, 2006

A week off? Oh no!

Next week, my daughter is off from school. The ENTIRE week!

I wouldn't have even realized this until I read a notification in my daughter's reading folder. So I am going to have to figure out how I'm going to fill her days here at home while I'm working.

Homework from her mathbooks. Because she "loves math!"

Reading assignments. With a question/answer session to develop reading comprehension. I bought her an 8-book series so that she could get to really know some characters. It's the "Magic House" series. Anyone know it?

A new Leapster game. About animals. To keep her busy with a new educational toy.

DVDs. We have a bunch of them. But I'll rent her one for the week to break up her day.

Break out her paint-by-numbers kit. She's got a couple horse ones to paint.

But I am going to take ONE day off. So that she and I can spend one-on-one quality time together. I'm contemplating a trip to the zoo. I'm sure it'll be nice out too.

What do you do to occupy your kids when they have a week off from school?

No comments: