Thursday, November 2, 2006

Finally....my follow-up

Early this afternoon I had my follow-up from my well-woman visit. Dr. Gyno performed a colposcopy in the office. It's basically a closer look at my cervix trying to locate any 'unusual' cells.

Based upon my initial PAP results, Dr. Gyno was surprised at how my cervix actually looked. My PAP results were in the moderate to severe range, so he expected to see a more widespread amount of unusual cells. Apparently, the unusual cells he saw were more localized. One spot. He took two biopsy samples and then scraped the cervix entry point. Him taking the biopsies were no big deal. Uncomfortable but not bad. Now the scraping? THAT was pretty bad. He said 15 to 30 seconds of cramping like sensations. It was more like a minute! OY! But that bit is over so that's fine. The biopsy results will take about 7 days. He said that if I hadn't received a call by Thursday afternoon of next week that I should call. We did discuss next steps if the biopsy results did not put me in the 'clear'. That he'd remove the cells. Actually scrape the layers of the section that had the bad cells. But I do need to wait a week to find out one way or another.

But since I'm talking about well-woman visits, do you take particular "care" before you go in for your yearly exam? I mean, you healthy gals probably only see your Gyno every year. Other ladies see their Gynos once a month (birth control patch or ring). But do you do anything more than you normally do before you go in?

As for me, I try to make sure my legs are smooth. I've got a nice bikini line - even though they don't check out the front! And I try to be nice and manicured. Not naked. Not shaved. But not bushy. More of a closely cropped look. But that's a look I try to keep all the time in the netherlands.

But I have to tell you that I know more than a handful of gals who do nothing to their bits. No shaving. No waxing. NOTHING.

Then again there are those who maintain the smooth look - which I can't do because I can't handle the itchiness.

Then there are those who get professional help and get Brazilians. Now THAT is something I am quite interested in. Does it hurt more than just a regular bikini wax? Does it last the full 6 weeks before you need another session? Do you only get a Brazilian when it's swimsuit season or all year round? I'm curious! Seriously! If you do this, please drop me a line. I'm contemplating this as there is going to be a new day spa opening up in our neighborhood by the end of this year.

Now how did you like the way I turned this entry around to discuss netherland 'maintenance'?

FYI..... in the last 30 hours....three of the four people that live in this house have seen a doctor.
* My son saw his pediatrician at 2:30pm yesterday for his smoker's cough. Sounds like this cough is going around with all the kids. No professional meds required. Over the counter cough stuff at night is all.
* Me for my follow-up visit at 1:30pm
* My girl went to Urgent Care at 5:30pm because her cheeks had red bumps developing. She stayed home today with a moderate fever (100 - 101), so we weren't sure if she was getting chicken pox or not. We need to know this because the Hubs has never had chicken pox.

Oh....I wonder what our insurance will be thinking when they get all the medical paperwork?

No comments: