Saturday, November 4, 2006

Home style

I was just watching "What You Get For the Money" on the Fine Living channel. Interesting show. They visit a couple houses that are in the same price range but located in different ciites. You see the difference in what your dollar can get you.

But as I watched with my sleepy Husband's head on my lap, I noted the style that I like is MUCH different than my husand.

I really like modern contemporary. Clean lines. Non-fussy furniture. Streamlined cabinetry. Cork flooring seems nice to me for a kitchen. Light wood - bamboo in particular. Frosted glass. The ease that seems to go with it.

My husband is what I'd call traditional. He likes a formal dining and living room with formal furniture. He likes dark wood. Cherry in particular.

Total opposites, right? But we do have a formal living and dining room.With furniture in it that we rarely use. We've got this ornate large scale bedroom set. We've got cherry cabinets in all the bathrooms & our kitchen. We have lots of traditional stuff. So our house basically reflects my husband's style.

But my fantasy vacation house will have my style in it. That's right. My FANTASY vacation home. Something that we may be able to afford....only in my dreams. Simple neutrals with splashes of color. Easy inexpensive (read that as IKEA) furniture that we won't care gets a little dinged.

Now does your house reflect your style? Your husbands? None?

No comments: