Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Wind Beneath my Wings

BEACHES is just finishing.

I love the ending of this movie. I never watch the whole thing anymore. It's the ending that I cherish. How the two lifelong friends go to the summer beach house and look out at the water as the sun sets. To bring an end to their friendship. Then the reading of all the letters they exchanged through their lives. Then that performance where she sings the same song as when the two girls met as kids. That final good-bye. The love that the two felt for each other is palpable. It's touches my heart. It makes me cry every single time. THAT love. It's an awesome love.

Do you have a lifelong friend like this? My older sister holds this role in my life. She's known me since I was born. She's seen me grow. She's seen me fail. She's seen me succeed. But no matter what she's always treated me the same. When we get together it's as if we've never been apart. We talk about everything and nothing. I never need to hide from her. My heart is open and I'm never afraid of it getting stamped upon. You know? It's an awesome love.

I hope you have someone like this in your life.

No comments: