Friday, December 22, 2006

Home again

Today was the Princess last day at school. She is officially on her 2-week holiday.

But today was NOT a regular day. As a reward for staying on their quarterly reading schedule, the kids were able to attend a "bowling" party. I drove. I ended up with a carload of girls. 4 girls. Giggling. Eating snacks. I had stopped by the Circle K near the school and purchased 4 bottled waters, 2 bags of peanut butter crackers, and 2 bags of tiny chocolate chip cookies. I had a feeling the kids would need a little something before they bowled.

All the first graders ened up on two adjacent lanes. There was a lot of cheering. Lots of reminders to stay out of each others way. Thankfully, this place had bumpers so the kids got to knock down pins. There would have been a TON of gutterballs if the bumpers weren't up. One of my girls had never been bowling before and wouldn't even try. Ms. D tried to have her throw at least ONE ball down the lane but she started crying. So the little girl hung out and chatted and cheered and watched the rest of the group. I totally understood her reaction because that's what would happen with the Princess if she felt too much pressure to try something new. The kids all ate pizza. I had purchased a large order of french fries for myself. I ended up giving each of the kids a handful as they all seemed famished. The kids had a good time. My girl ended up getting high score the first full game and then had high score when we finished (halfway thru the 2nd game). She did GREAT! Now she's home relaxing and watching Animal Planet.

Oh yeah. Yesterday? The lunch at the Bear's school was a hit. I picked up the food around 11:15am and was able to slip into the daycare kitchen by 11:25am. I was out by 11:30am. No fanfare. I did leave a note for the staff.

We wanted to take a moment during this busy holiday season to extend our THANKS for the constant support you provide to us through your daily care of our little Bear. Going back to work last year was difficutl for Grace but knowing the Bear was surrounded by all of you made the transition much easier. Plesae know that we appreciate your dedication and the gentle guidance you provide to our loving little boy. Thank you all.

When I came to get the Bear yesterday, I saw a lot of smiles (more than usual) and heard a number of "thank yous". The Chinese food was a hit! Everyone was able to select a number of items and actually eat their fill. It makes my heart smile knowing that they all were able to partake in the meal and KNOW that we appreciate them.

Now how did you show YOUR appreciation for the people in your children's life?

No comments: